• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

depression medications and crime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dogmanar

Would mental defect be a defense for a crime of theft of property using a credit while a person is taking the medications: Buspar, Zoloft, Serzone, and
amitripline all at the same time and then later added Paxil to the
combination. Also this person was taking Darvocet off and on during this
time.

R

ReneeTribble

I HAVE BEEN ON PAXIL FOR 3 YEARS NOW AND ALSO FOR THE 1ST 2 YEARS WAS ALSO TAKING VALIUMS ON TOP OF THE PAXIL.
NOT ONE TIME DID I EVER EVEN WANT TO COMMIT A CRIME,,,THAT IS JUST AN POOR EXCUSE...BUT YOU KNOW HOW THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IS..THEY MAY LET YOU OFF ON THAT.

D

dogmanar

But have you been told you are a Manic-depressive? and you
were not taking the drug Buspar, which takes away all worry.
There is a difference between "crime" and purchasing items without self-control and not caring where the money comes from.

R

ReneeTribble

There are any cases such as this one you are talking about.
Yes this is probably a good case of temporary insanity.
I just seen on news the other day,where somone actually murdered their spouse and was dismissed because of being stated as mental illness.
And yes I am "manic deppressive".

S

shannonsue1958

I have a mental illness and am on medication, presently Zoloft, Risperdal, and Ativan. I have been on Haldol, Thorazine, Prozac, BusPar, etc, etc. I also have never commited a crime and I think that when a person uses them as an excuse, it hurts the people it really helps. When I was on Prozac, my mom used tape shows off of TV and cut out clippings about people murdering people because Prozac made them do it. I never felt that way. And there was an actor that was murdered by his wife and she then killed herself and her family is suing Zoloft because they are blaming it for what she did, even though there was cocaine and alcohol in her system also. This just gives needed medications a bad wrap, and makes them more expensive than they already are, because the companies are caught up in bogus law suits. I feel we are all responsible for our own behavior and if you were having side effects from your medication, you should have told your doctor and had it changed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">