• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it legal to...?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LightningBolt

Is it legal to purchase a product off the shelf in a retail store or order a product on-line or mail-order than to resale it for a profit? The reason I'm asking is because I think the price of this product is very reasonable & it's something I think I can sell to others for private use & business use. Is this legal to do or does it infringe on copyright laws or other laws? Thanks for any responses!! (West Virginia)

[This message has been edited by LightningBolt (edited March 29, 2000).]

ALawyer

It is completely legal, if you want to to pay retail and sell it for more, on most products. But, for example, if you buy prescription drugs retail you can't resell them.... If there is something specific, you should get a lawyer's advice on the specific product.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

L

LightningBolt

Thanks for the reply! No, it's nothing like prescription drugs or anything like that. Actually, it's some new electronic devices that have just come out. I've thought about contacting the company about selling them for them, but was wondering if I could just buy, then sell them myself or I could take orders after a little advertising on my own, then buy them to re-sale to fill the orders for a profit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">