• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions About Videotaping Sex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maxcavsm

To Whom it May Concern,

Now it may bring a chuckle to those of you whom may be reading this, but this friend of mine needs a little assistance.
A friend of mine videotaped both himself and a girl during sexual intercourse without her knowledge. Through six degrees of separation, the now ex-girlfriend found out about the tape. She now wants a copy of it. There is a %25-%75 chance that she will go to the police with this tape. She may do nothing, or she may try to bring up my friend on sexual deviance charges.
Now where do I fall into the picture? As a third party, he wants me to hold on to the tape should a search be made of his house/workplace. Questions:

1) If the girl decides to seek legal advice, what can my friend be charged with? The proper legal term?

2) What would happen if the tape were to mysteriously disappear? Would the girl be able to bring up criminal charges if there was no evidence?

3) (The most important one) If I hold onto this tape for him, can I get into trouble for it if the police serve him with a search warrant?

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">