• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harassment from x husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jen104louise

I live in NC. My x husband calls me non stop. He does get to talk with our daughter, but most of the time he calls after her bed time just to harass me. I cant take it any more. When I dont answer the phone he threatens to take me to court for custody of our daughter. I cant live the rest of my life worried about when I will end up in court again. What is constituted as harassment, and how can I get him to leave me alone?

MySonsMom

jen104louise said:
I live in NC. My x husband calls me non stop. He does get to talk with our daughter, but most of the time he calls after her bed time just to harass me. I cant take it any more. When I dont answer the phone he threatens to take me to court for custody of our daughter. I cant live the rest of my life worried about when I will end up in court again. What is constituted as harassment, and how can I get him to leave me alone?
You get an answering machine, and caller id. Send the X a certified letter stating the he can call and talk to the child once a week on XX day and XX time.

Let him know that you will no longer talk with him unless it directly concerns the child. And if that doesn't work, request that ALL communication be in email or written form.

There are steps to take. He cannot take you to court for custody because you don't want to put up with his harrassment. Let him know that if ANYONE takes the other to court, it will be YOU taking his ass to court for harrassment.

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">