• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disorderly conduct charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

soxfan272

I live in Maine and had the following happen to me this weekend:

A buddy and I were arrested saturday night for getting into a harmless verbal altercation with some other guys outside a bar after closing time. We were too drunk to make good decisions, and I know we were not being little angels, but no real harm was done, accept maybe some hurt feelings. We were taken down to the station and charged with Disorderly Conduct, which is a class E misdemeanor. Our court date is set for late August.

Like I said, we are guilty as charged since disorderly conduct is a very broad ranged offense. I also know that if a plea of guilty is entered, we will most likely get the maximum fine, sentence, or whatever. All we really want to do is admit guilt, apologize for being stupid, and move on without getting slammed with a huge fine. Is there a way? We don't want to hire a big bad lawyer unless it is absolutely necessary.

We both have relatively clean records, with the exception of some minor traffic offenses a number of years ago. He is 26, I am 29.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

[Edited by soxfan272 on 07-03-2001 at 03:29 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">