• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BAD ACT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DOTAOVJAM

I bought a household property from a big store, paid them with my personal check, they cashed the check the same month as indicated in my bank statement (cancelled check). Five months later I discovered (in my bank statement cancelled checks) that the same private company again cashed the same check number with everything in the original check identical.
How do I handle this matter? Do I take them to court or what? I need your help please. Thanks very much in advance.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

And, what did they say when you contacted them ?

And, where's you STATE NAME ?

Please tell us everything there is to know about your facts and this entire situation.

IAAL

D

DOTAOVJAM

bad act

I am sorry!, I am from texas. I have not yet contacted any of them , I just received my bank statement today.

D

DOTAOVJAM

bad act

I am sorry!, I am from texas. I have not yet contacted any of them , I just received my bank statement today. Like I said earlier, 1. i bought a household product, paid with a my personal check.
2. This same store paid in the check and collected the money from my account.
3. Five months later , they paid in an identical check (same date, same name, same signature,same check number and everything, which was cashed before) and cashed the same check twice.
The surprising thing there is that , my bank never duplicates same check numbers under the same name ,so how did this company come up with this duplicate check, they paid in, and cashed Twice the money I supposed to have paid them in full, last five months.
In real life , say you bought something from Mr. frog's big store, paid the store, in full, with a check, confirmed cashed by the store same month from your statement. Five months later the same check featured again in the bank statement, this time, date cashed: this month.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Okay. This is simple. While I can't explain for you HOW this could have happened, we both know that it DID happen, and that it's wrong.

Therefore, call them and speak to the highest person you can within the company. After you explain the situation, make sure you get a FIRM promise for the return of your money, and make sure you get a date that is CERTAIN for this to occur.

If the date for return of your money comes and goes, then go to your Criminal Court District Attorney's Office and fill out and sign a Criminal Complaint. Bring BOTH checks with you, along WITH your receipt for the original purchase of the item. The Clerk will make photocopies and take it from there.

You can also file a claim in Small Claims court (especially since you'll be at the courthouse anyway) and sue the store, along with the person who cashed the second check, for both the amount of the second check, plus punitive damages for the obvious and intentional act of fraud the store has perpetrated upon you.

Good luck, and please let me know how this whole thing unfolds.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">