• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Anything I can file that will help?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ambr

Okay...

i sent the request to comply with the court order off this afternoon. i tried to call the kids - answering machine. doesn't matter what time i call, i get the machine. left a message and was shocked, my daughter called backed.

after i talked with her, spoke with their dad. he still refuses to bring the kids to me and says that i can go and see them there. that's it.

i requested once again, just for good measure. word is that he is going out of town on wednesday and not returning until whenever. him, the new wife and their kid. my kids go to grandma's house. so the reason he is refusing appears to be that it is interferring with his life.

i asked when the kids would go to the grandparents and how long they would be there - so i could call them and talk to them there. i was told it was none of my (swear words) business. i informed him that i had the right to contact my kids and he was to inform me when they were going out of town and where the kids would be. after several swear words i was told i couldn't see them.

okay - besides contempt, is there anything emergency wise that i could file to get me the kids for my visitation like it is ordered? had some major plans in store for the kids here - my daughter has a beauty pageant (national - some bucks spent) and my son is in a fishing tournament (again, some money spent).

what can i do? besides quit whining and file the contempt charges. there is no way to get to them for the weekend - i committed to the fourth of july weekend stuff here and can't get out of it. the point was to have the kids with me and involved here.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Ambr, with the holiday upon us, it's doubtful that you'll even be able to get an attorney to arrange an ex-parte hearing.

Please, remind me - - from which State is the court order signed, and is that State maintaining jurisdiction of the children ? How is it that HE has the children, and did he get permission to leave the State from where the order was signed ?

Also, please quote for me the exact terms and conditions of your visitation rights from the court order.

IAAL

G

Grandma B

Ambr,
Was this to have been your first visitation since the change?

Ambr

the state is Missouri.

we moved away. through a very weird change of events - custody was changed. we are working a reconsideration of the judgement now and then an appeal if that doesn't work. it was basically bogus, but we are dealing with it.

this was to be our first scheduled weekend with the kids. one weekend in MO, one in my state. if its in mine, he brings them to me, i take them home. it leaves it open with a ten day notice, it can be any weekend. i filed the request and he refused. at first he stated that all weekends were to be in MO. the court states that, then follows with the exception of one which can be exercised in my state and details out everything. when that wasn't flying he stated that i had swapped the weekend for the reunion. which is also untrue. both states are one party and we had been tape recording all of the calls. we never agreed to that and he never mentioned it.

he went on a major power trip. i found out last night that he has made other plans with his new wife and their child to go out of state during that time. our kids are going to his mom's house. when i asked how long they would be gone and how long the kids would be at their grandma's, i was informed that it was none of my (swear words here) business where the kids were. i informed him that i had the right to know where they were, so that i could get in contact with them and talk with them and that he was to inform me of that information. his answer - our life is none of your business. i told him welcome to the world of the CP - everything in your life is my business. where you live, where you go on vacation, your itenary, contact phone #s, everything. i am to be able to get in touch with my kids anytime that i want. talking with answering machines constantly is unacceptable. my kids always be unavailable is unacceptable.

all of this resulted in him cussing me out and how does it feel? start paying up, it's your turn. give him his CS. (it's not even due yet) i don't know if he wants it for his trip or his new car they went out and bought.

it is just frustrating as all get out. i know that he is slowly buring himself, he is definitely establishing a pattern of denying my relationship with the kids and we are getting everything documented. but in the mean time, i have two babies that think mommy has given up on them. one is miserable and the other is just coping with it.

you know, if my move away would have kept him from the kids i could understand where he was upset. but he still saw them every other weekend, on his holidays and the kids called him twice a week.

jyoung

good luck ambr, looks like I'm in the same boat for the holiday. I'm left to appreciate any little bone my ex deems to throw my way (unless common sense prevails but I wouldn't bet my last dollar on that). And all these actions by your ex and my ex just keep adding to our ammo pile for later. Enjoy the fireworks.

Ambr

good luck to you too jyoung.

i read the letter you posted for IAAL. of course, i am not a lawyer, but it was pretty good. definitely to the point. i can't believe that her lawyer was making some of those statements. i know the tactics are to pull the biggest bluff and hopefully get a settlement without court - but please...did he really think that you were going to give up that easy?

happy 4th!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">