• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ins Co stopped paying weekly benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chesterfield

i am in nc and was receiving w/c checks until 7th week after my disectomy.(done by insurance recommended orthopedic) the doctor released me to work (though i had no job to return to) and the checks stopped. 2 days later i was back at the doctors and the MRI showed that the disc had re-ruptured. we retained an attorney who said they would get the benefits restarted immediately. it is now 14 weeks later and they have not restarted and i am still waiting for the ins co to authorise the surgery (fusion) even though the industrial commission has ruled in my favor to have the surgery performed by my choice of nuerosurgeon.

should we be looking for another attorney? we are not sure we are getting all the answers. the attorney's office says they do not know why benefits are not being restared and that they are getting the run around from the ins co. they have filed an I33(i think) with the industrial commission about the stopped benefits.

can we claim social security or any other benefits or will this affect the w/c claim?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">