• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Welcome me to the world of ProSe - HELP!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ambr

okay, i am going at this alone now.

i called the courthouse in missouri, no prose packets. no paralegal service in the area, although there is one outside of st. louis. (unrealistic, can't get there)

i want to file a motion for contempt.

what do i need?

from what i have found on line, i need to file a motion for an order to show cause with the courts and issue the summons for him to appear on the order to show cause, right?

i know - totally stupid on this one, sorry.

thanks for the help.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You're NOT stupid. You're just ignorant of the resources available to you, that's all.

Okay, you're on your own. So, when you wanted to know something, how did you learn about it in school ?

That's right.

You either went to a library (in this case, a law library), or you went to your local bookstore and bought a book on the subject.

So, scedadle Ambr, and find out all you need to know. Happy learning - - law is fun !

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 07-03-2001 at 05:24 PM]

Ambr

Okay, ex just refused my letter requesting him to comply with the court ordered visitation. FedEx restricted delivery - tracking results - REFUSED.

I am headed to the law library Thursday (if it is open, have to call the school). I assume since there is no standard form that the court was using (since they couldn't provide a sample form) that I can make a form similiar to what i locate in the lawyer library to submit???

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Ambr said:
Okay, ex just refused my letter requesting him to comply with the court ordered visitation. FedEx restricted delivery - tracking results - REFUSED.

I am headed to the law library Thursday (if it is open, have to call the school). I assume since there is no standard form that the court was using (since they couldn't provide a sample form) that I can make a form similiar to what i locate in the lawyer library to submit???
My response:

This is getting better and better, Ambr.

Okay, first thing, DO NOT reopen the Fed-Ex envelope. You're going to hand that to the judge as evidence of your request and good faith compliance under the Court's visitation orders. It will be EXHIBIT "A" attached to your Order to Show Cause Re: Contempt of Court.

Next, go to the law library and ask the librarian to help you find the forms you'll need. They may even have some samples that have been donated to the libary, so ask about that too. At the very least, the library will have "Shell" forms and pleadings - - and the applicable Procedural laws.

Remember, after you've finalized the documents, make 3 copies and file the original with the court. You'll also need to attach, as the last page, a "Proof of Service by Mail" form. Make copies of that too, and file the original, attached to your Motion, with the court clerk.

You will more than probably need to call the court clerk to obtain a date, time, and department (courtroom) number for the hearing, and reference that information on your Motion paperwork.

One last suggestion. You could also go to the main filing Clerk of the Family Law court, and ask the clerk if you could see the "Register of Actions" for that court. It's either going to be a series of large books, or a computer database. The Register will show you the Clerk's entries for all the filings by other people in the Family court.

What you're looking for are case files that reference similar Motions like yours. Once you find those references, ask the clerk to see some of those files (You are allowed to see other peoples case files because they are public records). Anyway, if you're lucky enough to find a file with a similar Order to Show Cause, you can have the clerk make a copy of that Motion, and you can use that as your "template" for your own Motion, by plugging the necessary and specific information into your own forms. Cool idea, huh ?

Good luck kidlet.

IAAL

Ambr

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

i did make it to the library this morning and found ALOT of books on it. the librarian pointed out one that was very specific and detailed. i got copies of the necessary forms and was getting ready to leave when she handed me a booklet.

it appears that the college has a workshop that meets bi-weekly and it is for training paralegals. it's open and you pay for the classes that you attend. this may be worth checking out and lucky for me (which is something rare these days) they are meeting on Monday. so i will get some professional help with these forms. YES!!!!!!!

got a call last night (which was also recorded). my son broke his arm. my son told one story, which sounded kind of weird and grandpa got on the phone and told a completely different story - very detailed. my daughter had a different version as well. funny, none of them are even close to be the same. biodad took off without giving them insurance information or signing a release to let the grandparents authorize treatment. my son received a splint and was told to see an orthopedic surgeon ASAP. biodad not due in until wed, if not thursday of next week. so i am headed to home to pick up my son and take him to a doctor.

gotta get. thanks for the help.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Well, Ambr, the medical emergency situation is terrible and I hope he's getting the medical attention he needs. That's another item to add to your list that makes bio-dad unfit to have your son. You see, courts don't like it at all that a bio-parent leaves town, and doesn't leave "medical authorization forms" for the minors, when in the care of non-parents. As a result of the bio-dad's complete, gross, negligence in the care of your son, your son had to suffer longer than he should have. All the hospital could do for him was to "stabalize" him, and was forestalled from giving him all the care, and pain medications, that he needed if the "Authorizations" were available. Let the judge know about this occurrence of utter, and gross, negligence !

Insofar as the legal information is concerned, I'm glad I've educated you in the types of resources that are available to you, and everyone. And, you got even more information and help than I had anticipated. This is very good news.

Please keep me informed of your progress.

You're welcome, kidlet - - go get him ! !

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">