• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting a name on a deed.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chrisjen

I recently got married and we are living in my wife's house, which she owned previously, in Missouri. We want to get my name on the deed. We where told to do this with a quitclaim deed but we don't want her to give up her rights to the property. Can this be done with the quitclaim deed or do we need to do something else?

LegalBeagle

chrisjen said:
I recently got married and we are living in my wife's house, which she owned previously, in Missouri. We want to get my name on the deed. We where told to do this with a quitclaim deed but we don't want her to give up her rights to the property. Can this be done with the quitclaim deed or do we need to do something else?
You should post this on the Real Estate boards.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">