• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motorcycle lemon law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Motoman

ia

i purchased a brand new motorcycle in april of 2001. it came right off the show room floor. i just fell in love with the way the bike handled. i had the bike for two weeks and now it is nothing but a headache. first a light came on telling me the bike was over heating. so i took it back to have it fixed. the dealership told me it was just a little low on coolant. i thought ok and went on my way. the next weekend i was having the same problem. once again back to the dealership. they asked me to leave the bike with them because a sensor went bad and it would take two weeks to get it in. i thought to myself a sensor went bad already the bike only has 300 miles on it. well two weeks came and went and another two weeks came and went. now a month later thinking they sold the bike on me i went back to the dealership and asked what is going on with the motorcycle. they say that it has been ready for over a week and that they called the manufacture who told they to rebuild the engine. through out the month i did not recieve any call or notice from the dealership. one week after i dropped the bike off i broke my foot and was unable to ride it home when it was finally fixed so i thought. i asked one of the salesmen to ride it to my house for me, and he did, about a week later i started the bike and noticed right away that something was wrong. when i was able to ride again i took it back to the dealership. this time they said the motorcycle was surging. i left the bike at the dealership for another day. when i rode the bike this time the bike still had the same problem. now i was fed up so i called the manufacture myself. they told me to take it to another dealership. so here we go again, the nearest dealership is 30 miles away. i call the dealership that is 30 miles away they say bring it up we will fix it for sure. they had the bike for yet another day because they tell me the bike is running lean and this will burn up the pistons, now i am stranded 30 mile away from home and have to call for a ride. when i pick the bike up this time it surges two blocks away from the dealership that is 30 miles away from home, this time i had someone follow me. now the motorcycle is home and still surging.

i now have almost 900 mile on the bike, about 150 of that is from the dealership doing test drives making sure it is ok. the motorcycle has been back to a dealership four times. i have only had the bike to ride five out of the ten weeks that i have had it. the dealerships and myself have been in contact with the manufacture.

what do i do now? someone please help! i paid for a new motorcycle, i thought that i was getting a new motorcycle, instead i got a really big headache!?!.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">