• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this a crime?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flower66

My husband's girlfriend has signed my daughter up for a soccer league in New York State. She forged my husband's signature on the registration and insurance forms and listed her name as the step mother. She has done this in the past and continues to forge his signature. Is forgery a crime and is representing yourself as being married when your significant other is still married to someone else a crime in New York State? If it is how do I go about pursuing this matter?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

flower66 said:
My husband's girlfriend has signed my daughter up for a soccer league in New York State. She forged my husband's signature on the registration and insurance forms and listed her name as the step mother. She has done this in the past and continues to forge his signature. Is forgery a crime and is representing yourself as being married when your significant other is still married to someone else a crime in New York State? If it is how do I go about pursuing this matter?

My response:

Here are the New York Penal Codes regarding forgery. I would definately have her prosecuted for signing your child up for some fun ! How dare she place your child in a Soccer League !

Have her prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law by filing a complaint with your local District Attorney's office ! Read the following and GO GET HER ! Make as much trouble as you can for her, your ex, and your child ! Make them tremble in fear !

You're a spiteful jerk. Perhaps this is the reason why your ex-husband has custody of your child, and not you.

Sec. 170.05 Forgery in the third degree.
A person is guilty of forgery in the third degree when, with
intent to defraud, deceive or injure another, he falsely makes,
completes or alters a written instrument.
Forgery in the third degree is a class A misdemeanor.

S 170.10 Forgery in the second degree.
A person is guilty of forgery in the second degree when, with intent to
defraud, deceive or injure another, he falsely makes, completes or alters a
written instrument which is or purports to be, or which is calculated to
become or to represent if completed:
1. A deed, will, codicil, contract, assignment, commercial instrument,
credit card, as that term is defined in subdivision seven of section
155.00, or other instrument which does or may evidence, create, transfer,
terminate or otherwise affect a legal right, interest, obligation or
status; or
2. A public record, or an instrument filed or required or authorized by
law to be filed in or with a public office or public servant; or
3. A written instrument officially issued or created by a public
office, public servant or governmental instrumentality; or
4. Part of an issue of tokens, public transportation transfers,
certificates or other articles manufactured and designed for use as symbols
of value usable in place of money for the purchase of property or services;
or
5. A prescription of a duly licensed physician or other person
authorized to issue the same for any drug or any instrument or device used
in the taking or administering of drugs for which a prescription is
required by law.
Forgery in the second degree is a class D felony.

S 170.15 Forgery in the first degree.
A person is guilty of forgery in the first degree when, with intent to
defraud, deceive or injure another, he falsely makes, completes or alters a
written instrument which is or purports to be, or which is calculated to
become or to represent if completed:
1. Part of an issue of money, stamps, securities or other valuable
instruments issued by a government or governmental instrumentality; or
2. Part of an issue of stock, bonds or other instruments representing
interests in or claims against a corporate or other organization or its
property.
Forgery in the first degree is a class C felony.

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 07-04-2001 at 04:19 PM]

F

flower66

Unfortunately you have no idea what is really going on. I live in the same town and have custody of my other child. I am my youngest daughter's soccer coach and continue to strive to be as acticvely involved as I can if his girlfriend and him would stop preventing my involvment. IT is really pitiful that you dont realize that they are in constant violation of the separation agreement and that what she has signed and falsified information on is a legal document. If the husband could not sign her up the agreement states that he notify me and we work together for the best interest of the children. I am not allowing my significant other step in and falsify information nor sign her up for things without his consent. By the way this was the agreement that we both agreed to and was developed by him and his lawyer. I could understand if I did not live a mile down the road and was not actively involved but I AM. Your crude and obnoxious response is uncalled for and just demonstrates your ignorance. Maybe you should take some lessons in appropriate interactions and improve your ability not to judge people without all the information.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

So, then why didn't you feel that these "new facts" were important in your original post ?

Am I, or anyone here, supposed to be mindreaders ?

Keeping information away, until the last moment, is probably typical of you.

Suffice it to say, there's still nothing you can do about this matter. There's been no damages.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">