• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dna test w/out consent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mnjohnson

I am a native of Alabama, currently living in Virginia, but case is still in Alabama. My ex-husband and his new wife took my 4 1/2 year old son, without my consent and had a DNA test done last week during his visit. I learned of this through my 7 year old son. The new step-mom has told my children that I am a B----, and that I had lots of boyfriends while I was married to their father, and that my youngest is probably not even his! I am not concerned about the results of the test, because I know there is no doubt he is the father. My concern is that since he is not the custodial parent, is he legally able to have this medical procedure done without my consent? If any of you care the reason he thinks my youngest is not his is because I was in labor for 14 hours with my oldest and 2 hours with my second, he claims that he just came too fast. Just wanted to let you know what kind of geniuses I am dealing with. Any advice is welcome!

A

angryfather

Yes he is completly within his rights and should have done this along time ago. If he IS the father you have nothing to worry about ... if he isn't then he shouldn't have to pay you a dime. and whatever he HAS already paid you you should have to pay back. There is nothing you can do... except hope that you were not sleeping around as they say.

LegalBeagle

angryfather said:
Yes he is completly within his rights and should have done this along time ago. If he IS the father you have nothing to worry about ... if he isn't then he shouldn't have to pay you a dime. and whatever he HAS already paid you you should have to pay back. There is nothing you can do... except hope that you were not sleeping around as they say.
You have a serious chip on your shoulder.. let me guess, a deadbeat father who got screwed because of his own ignorance.

M

mnjohnson

In reply to angryfather, no I was not sleeping around, and I assumed that stating I was not concerned about the test made that clear to the normal intelligent person. As for returning child support, that would be simple to do since he hasn't been paying child support.

D

DSRS

I would have thought that the non-custodial parents must notify the custodial parents or obtain the permission to have DNA test done on a minor child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">