• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child placed out of home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Theresa W

I live in minnesota. my 14 year old daughter was placed out of home for truancey last november, she is still not home. she was appointed a guardian ad litem prior to this but the guardian has never come to talk to my daughter or any family members. how is this suppose to work? the county took over custody of her but expects me to pay for the cost of her placement according to my ability to pay. they do not go by ability but by a fee schedule. do i have to pay? and what happens if i don't? there are many more issues here but i'll stop with these.

LegalBeagle

Theresa W said:
I live in minnesota. my 14 year old daughter was placed out of home for truancey last november, she is still not home. she was appointed a guardian ad litem prior to this but the guardian has never come to talk to my daughter or any family members. how is this suppose to work? the county took over custody of her but expects me to pay for the cost of her placement according to my ability to pay. they do not go by ability but by a fee schedule. do i have to pay? and what happens if i don't? there are many more issues here but i'll stop with these.
If you have, for whatever reason, lost control of your child to the point that the state felt necessary to step in and take custody, then yes, you will be required to pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">