• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Writing a sworn affidavit to expunge MIP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

goldessuom

I live in Texas and three years ago received a minor in possession for holding a beer can. I am now 21, have had no further minor in possessions, and am eligible to have this class c misdemeanor expunged from my record. I have contacted the court through which this case was handled and was told that I could submit a sworn affidavit claiming I had no more convictions since the one in question. I was also told to send the sworn affidavit directly to the judge of the court. My question is how to go about writing up such an affidavit? Is there a form online that can help? Do I need to have some sort of lawyer in my presence when I write it up, or is it suffice to just write it and then take it to a notary public for notarization? Any help would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">