• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trespassing or no Trespassing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scooter_1998

I have had "house Guests" for over a month. I gave them notice that I wanted them out of the house within two weeks. My Wife, who also is on the deed for the house, wants them to stay. I want to know if I have the legal right to swear out a Trespassing complaint even though my wife wants them to stay. We live in the state of Maine.

My other questions is can I apply for a restraining order due to the mental anguish and anger that I feel towards them whenever I see them sitting around the house, not gamefully looking for employment or a place to live. They do not pay any portion of the utilitites, rent, and basically buy enough groceries for themselves. I am the only working member of the family. My wife stays at home and does not contribute to the household income.

Thanks

Jim

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">