• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Teacher's Union Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

slimgirl51

The State is Ohio. College Teachers Union Contract. I belong to the union.

Our union has a contract that if signed by administration, and it was, gives the faculty member first right of refusal once that person has developed the internet version of the course. This does not effect the on campus version.

This is a course I teach as 50%of my workload as an on campus course. However, after a challenge by me, the union has ruled that the faculty member that developed the internet version has the right to teach the course. Unless she refuses to teach this course at a given time I would not be able to develop my own internet version of this course. I believe that this decision may have future negative effects on my workload. For instance, what if all sections of this course were to be internet. I would be blocked from teaching a course that I have taught for the last 15 year.

I am looking for a legal opinion. Do I need to hire a lawyer to fight my union?

Thanks

L

lawrat

It might be a substantial interference with your work -- already copyrighted works, contractual protections, reliance issues, etc.

http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">