• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can a cop follow me for too long?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lepfrog

i am in tucson arizona, and i was driving along and got pulled over for what is refered to as "agressive driving" but i was also cited for speeding and 2 accounts of following too closely....i was curious how long a cop can follow me for or if he as to pull me over for the first violation he sees, because he followed me for over 2 miles just adding stuff up, also doesn't the "agressive driving" ticket come from the fact that i sped and tail gated, there fore negating them as offenses in and of themselves?? i would like to know my rights on this and what i can do about it. thank you very much

matt.

D

don62

Most likely he was running a check on your tag while he followed you. You just kept running up the infractions. It doesn't look to me like there was any problem on his part.

F

FKNA

There is no limit on how long they can follow you. But in regards to the aggressive driving, you're correct...since you got all these other tickets, you can most likely get that one dismissed.

racer72

You can be cited for multiple items. To be charged with aggressive driving you do not need to be speeding or following to closely. Each item has it own traffic code and you can be cited for as many of them that you violated. I would not count on any of the items being dismissed because of the multiple violations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">