• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did not receive due process

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jodinell1

texas law

received a bill from a law office in houston for a no liab insurance ticket received in 1992. Have never received any information on this before now and don't really remember the ticket. recently had to pay off other tickets and warrants and this did not appear at that time. i asked at that for any other tickets or warrants and was told i was clean. what are my options?

Thank you!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jodinell1 said:
texas law

received a bill from a law office in houston for a no liab insurance ticket received in 1992. Have never received any information on this before now and don't really remember the ticket. recently had to pay off other tickets and warrants and this did not appear at that time. i asked at that for any other tickets or warrants and was told i was clean. what are my options?

Thank you!
My response:

Write to the law office saying:

"Thank you for your interest in my money. However, you're too late. Your Statute of Limitations for collecting any debt that I may owe your firm, is now barred by the 4 year Statute of Limitations regarding written contracts. Again, thanks for your interest and for contacting me."

Date it, and sign your name. Mail it. Keep a copy for your records.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">