• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

search and destruction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LRE123

Texas. My friend borrowed my car then had some troubles at a discount store where he was charged with theft and fraud (he was accused of changing a price tag). he was out of town in a different county and the police called to ask me if they could search the car. like the naive person i am, i said yes (i expected them to find nothing). all they found was a collection of knives in a case, that he was going to take to the flea market. so they added some type of weapons charge. when i arrived to get my car i found my car door handle broken. i will never consent to search again, i had a feeling i should have said no. on the other hand, they really dont seem to have a lot in the way of charges. does my friend need a lawyer? what kind of punishment does he face? Im stunned and confused!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">