• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

limitations and specifics in iowa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dirt

i live in iowa. i recieved a ticket for speeding, 35 in a 25, and an insurance ticket. we now have to have a proof of insurance card in our car. the fine for the ticket is higher than the maximum allowable fine for its class of offense. this i know.

i didnt pay either of these tickets, and its been about a year or more. the cop didnt let me find my card, and its not even my car. i agree i am liable and responsable for the speeding ticket and plan to pay it.

how long do i have until they really start looking for me? i still have a license, but if i get pulled over, i doubt i will have it any more. i havent been issued a summons and no cop has ever come to my door. these tickets are in another county, issued by a city officer.

i should be clear, i was pulled over twice, seperately both for speeding, but on the insurance ticket, the cop did nothing about speeding, the only thing i got was an insurance ticket for a card that was in the trunk, though messy, which he told me "find it on your time and go to court" which is a reason the court system is so clogged.

if i chose to just never pay this ticket, what will happen? will it ever just go away because of statute of limitations?
thanks for any help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">