• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

check fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

finsupnh

a tenant under a court order to pay rent according to a court ordered schedule pays by check, the check bounced (second month in a row), i sent her a note, no more personal checks, she leaves me a odd looking check from her credit union made out to her and signed over to me, because of the 4th of july holiday i did not get it to the bank, i went on vacation for just under a week, came home to find a check left for me by the same tenent, she didnt owe me more money so i looked thru my paperwork, turns out the first odd looking check was a check reciept not an actual check, but she endorced the check reciept and signed it over to me,the new check, is the same check number as the reciept, and signed over in the same manor. is this fraud??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">