• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

You can't rape the willing....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mistygirl

I live in Texas. My boyfriend is 17, I am 15. My mother caught us having sex. He wasn't "raping" me, I was willing to do it. Can she/my father press charges against him? If so, what could happen to him? How long would he be in jail? How much would bail money be? Is there anyway to keep him out of jail if my mother presses charges? I am very worried about him, so please get back to me if you can. I don't want his life ruined because of me.

C

crash13

don't worry to much

I'm not positive about this but i have found in most states for it to be considered statutory rape your boyfriend would have to be at least eighteen. you might want to check more into that. Look on the net for legal laws in your state for the exact age.

T

Third Party

Last one was incorrect.

The age varies from 14 to 18 depending on certain circumstances per each state. In Texas, 17 is the age of consent. Even if you agreed to the sex, the parents can still press charges. You may find a loop hole in that if you two had sex before he was 17. Thus, you and he would both be guilty, and these cases are never pursued.

I wonder... This would be an interesting way to go about it. (Someone can check me on it.) If you had sex before he was 17, you would be guilty also. Hence his parents could press charges. I bet your parents would settle really quick before anything went to court then. :) Even if you didn't, you could always threaten to say you did to avoid the mess.

A$$ Saver aka…
Disclaimer:
I hope this is tidbit of fiction is helpful. I am not an attorney. Do not perceive this as legal advice. You should consult an attorney to answer your questions. Do not rely on this advice. Forget you ever read it. You are not a client. I am not an attorney. This is merely babble in the wind. Never use the advice as reasoning in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">