• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

work related injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alemap

I'm in Nebraska, work for a company notorious for bullying people into going back to work when there is something wrong. One guy died of a heart attack - anyway.
I was on a stand, stepped off and hit my knee on a bracket, and I bent backward hard enough to knock my hardhat off. This pretty much knocked the wind out of me, and I knew I should immediately go get my back straightened out, or I'd be miserable til who knows when.
The nurse says Ice and Advil. They won't send us to a doctor until you wreck your kidneys on Advil. I said I wanted to go to my chiropractor, they said no. Can they not let me go? And if I do go, since it is a work related injury, do they have to pay for it? This isn't the first time this has happened to me, and I'm not the only one. There are lawsuits against the medical dept.
Just wondering what to do in my particular case.
I signed in at the desk, but as far as I know an official incident report wasn't filled out. She knew I did it at work, and I feel it's her responsibility to do it, not for me to tell her to do it.
Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">