• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NEED INTERNET SPRING BREAK TRAVEL ADVICE..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JenSmith

Ok I need legal advice.. I know this is long but, someone PLEASE help.. My friend and I booked with this agency out of Maryland called "Endless Summer Tours" (www.endlessummertours.com), we are from MA. When we arranged our trip we arranged to leave out of Boston on Saturday, March 11th. We recieved our tickets 2 days before we were suppose to leave and noticed that they had booked us leaving on Friday, March 10th and reserved us at a different hotel than what they had told us over the phone. We called ESL and told them our dilemna. The people at ESL told us that it was too late for our flight to be changed and made up another random excuse about the hotel. Both she and I notified our jobs and they were kind enough to give us the 11th off of work. We left Boston with excitement and joy. WE BOTH NEEDED A VACATION. We arrived in Mexico and were greeted and driven to the hotel. (around 8pm) They left our luggage on the sidewalk and drove off. From there we entered the hotel and showed the receptionist our vouchers. She looked through a list of reservations and did not find our names. We explained that we were suppose to be staying at this hotel (she did not understand English too well) but, she did not understand us. We found someone that spoke a little English and she notified us that we were not booked at this hotel.. We found a few guys that also booked through ESL and had been waiting since 1pm. We looked at out itenerary and called the local Mexico number that was on it. The people that answered the phone did not understand English and therefore could not assist us. Being scared and stressed I looked through my things for one of my pre-paid phone cards. I tried to use it from the pay-phone but, I could not. I decided to call home collect. I got in touch with my uncle and notified him of my problem. He called me back at the hotel and told me that since it was the weekend there was not too much that I could do until Monday. Finally at midnight we were able to reach someone from ESL and they told us that they had now made us reservations for a hotel on the otherside of Cancun. We took a cab and got to this hotel ASAP. We asked the man at the desk (he spoke fluet English) how long he had us reserved at this hotel and he notified us that he had us there for the entire week. We were excited. We thought that now we could begin our vacation.. WE WERE WRONG. The next morning when coming back to the hotel from the beach we were informed that we had to pack up our belongings and leave the hotel. We questioned why and they told us that we were only booked there for one night. We told them how we asked and were told that we had reservations and they said you were mis-informed. We packed our things and began our voyage to "hang out" in another lobby. I called home and asked my mom to call them. My mom notified me that they "were looking for somewhere to put us up in".. Why they did not do this before we arrived?.. That is something that I do not know. We stayed in this lobby for 3 hours. Finally after calling and calling one of the guys, we were told VERY rudely that they had made reservations for us at another hotel and that if we were not there by 6 pm (it was now 5:30pm) that we would have NO WHERE to sleep.. We ran outside and grabbed a taxi and headed to the other hotel. We called and called ESL looking for the meal plan and drinking package that we had payed for, we had been given NOTHING. We spent most of our time trying to reach someone from ESL and were unable to even get a day of rest and relaxation. When we were on our return flight we found over 20 other people who had similar problems with the same co. I need to know what we should do to get our money back. Would an attorney take this case (class action?) or should we file in small claims court? please send any suggestions to [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">