• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My son injured someone's puppy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

debbym

My son threw a rock in a public park recently at a tree and he missed and hit a puppy in the eye. My husband immediately went to the people and apologized and gave them our name and telephone number and offered to pay to have the puppy looked at by a vet. They did and the initial bill was $374.00 which we paid promptly. Now they have contacted us about some additional bills for vet services because according to them the dog is permanently blind in that eye. They want us to pay the additional bills ($166.50) and the price they paid for the puppy which is $400.00. The lady said that "she didn't want to have to call the police on my son (10 yrs old)" since he had committed a crime of "cruelty to animals". What should I do now?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">