• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unsigned Ticket in AK

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

moosesox

I received a ticket for rolling a stop in AK on a business trip from AZ and was not asked to get out of the vehicle, nor did the officer make me sign the ticket.

This happened in March, 2001 and I have since continuously postponed the hearing (on the 3rd reschedule). Upon receiving the 1st notice to appear in court, I've pleaded ignorance regarding the ticket, i.e., it wasn't me, that's not my signature.

I also wrote that my license was kept in the space between the two front seats of the rental vehicle (rented in my name) and anyone had access to it (there were a dozen people on this trip).

Since the ticket is unsigned, and I've not signed anything promising an appearance, can I just ignore the ticket?

Is it better to go through with the hearing and continue to plead that I didn't do it?

racer72

Some state do not require signatures on tickets if the fine is under a certain amount. Ignoring the ticket will cause you a lot of grief especially the next time you have to renew your license. And believe me, judges have heard the excuse "someone else used my license" many times and will not fall for that one. You better come up with something a litte more original. And when the officer that cited you points to you as the person he sited after you told the court in writing that it wasn't you, don't be surpised if the judge adds a comtempt of court citation. The rest it up to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">