• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can i protect my daughter from a pervert in NY?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NYNYUSA

A guy who says he is 21 (he looks much older) met my 15 y/o daugter at his job while she was buying. He started to talk with her, asked her for her phone number and she gave it to him. He wanted to start a relationship with her even though he knew her age (she told him she was 15).

We dont consent to this, but she is becoming a rebel and he is so "fresh" that he even comes to the house to see her. He has been seen kissing her at the movies and after school by her sister and cousins. What can we do legally to get this jerk off our daughter. I am in the verge of doing something regretful and ending up in jail, but I'm controlling myself.

HELP!

JETX

Regretfully, there is no law (that I am aware of) that prevents a 21 year old from talking (or even kissing) a 15 year old. However (and I know this is of little comfort), you might make it VERY clear to the guy that if you find ANY evidence of their relation becomming intimate (as in pregnancy), you WILL file statutory rape charges against him and WILL prosecute to the full extent. This does not have to be done in front of your daughter, just a gentle hint to this guy.

Also, any attempts to make him 'off limits' will probably just increase the problem. Try to have an adult, mature talk with your daughter and be sure that she knows 'the what-for' on this guy, and that you are there for her if she needs your help.

Best of luck... this is one of the 'joys' of parenthood!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">