• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Theft by Conversion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marc101

Georgia. I have been arrested/accused of theft by conversion. I was a manager of a temporary employment agency. Someone (either staff or temporary personnel)obtained inbound mailed checks from clients. Signed my name on the back of them and cashed them. Approximately 2,100.00. The new manager is the one who filled out the warrent, not the police. I spoke to (2) investigators over a year ago and they did a handwriting analysis. The new manager to which filled out the arrest warrent no longer works there. My court date has been set for August 2nd.

If I can not prove my innosence in this matter, what and how much punishment can I expect? Will I have to do jail time?

I am the only source of income for my family and my wife suffers from seizures, jail would leave me (us) destitute.

I have obtained an attorney, but he said that I am not the type of person that they would want to send to jail. The fact remains that innocent people are convicted of crimes and sent to jail everyday, I am exteremly nervous over this whole thing.

Am I going to jail?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">