• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

susspended licence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wiljam

WILLIAM JAMES FROM OREGON

I was pulled over in Febuary my girlfriend and I were given a seatbelt ticket for $79.00 a piece niether of us appaered in court so they sent us a letter saying that are licence would be susended if we didn't pay $124.00 so I paid right away and my girlfriend didn't pay for 3 weeks later. So just the other day me and a buddy where driving thru town and I got pulled over and the cop said that i had a suspended licence he gave me a ticket and took my licence, so i called the town where i recieved my seatbelt ticket from they said that i owed them a $15 for a fee that the dmv charged them so i paid the fee and got my licence back my girlfriend never got charged the fee. Is that fair to charge one person a fee and not the other?

[Edited by wiljam on 07-11-2001 at 03:04 PM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Yes, because you were the one driving. She wasn't.

The same thing would have happened even if she never had a license to begin with.

Yours was a DMV clerical fee, and it goes on your record. There was no clerical fee in her part of this matter because she wasn't driving, and it doesn't go on her "driving record" because she was just a passenger.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">