• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Smoking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TickledPink

Is it illegal for a minor to smoke cigarettes? I'm in Indiana.

C

cyramitchell

i'm not an expert or anything....but i do know that the police can't exactly make you quit...don't think they can really do anything....if you are underage....you can't buy them....oh and by the way if you smoke you should think about quiting....

T

TickledPink

I caught my 12 year old smoking behind the barn earlier this evening. He was all proud of himself and didn't care that I knew. He said it wasn't illegal so I thought I would ask. I told him it was illegal to buy cigarettes and therefore illegal to smoke them. I think those two things should go hand in hand if they don't. Anyway, he says his chest hurts and I'm going to print out everything I can find on the net containing cigarette smoking horror stories.
Thanks for your reply.

C

cyramitchell

well i hope everything works out.....he should know that it it isn't good for his health....i'm 19 and i recently took a smoke......didn't like it....i have a friend who is 14 who smokes i'm trying to get him to quit....but i don't know what to do.....i just know i'm never touching one again....my grandmother died of lung cancer and i know what i had to go through....just talk to him....good luck..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">