• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how long on record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

ls650

i got 3 dui's in philly in 1990 [young stupid] i mainly got pulled over for driving junkers.how long do they stay on your record? no trouble since, if i got one in the future would i be screwed? i heard 7 years.

M

Murf02

I cannot say this is the same for all states, although I believe it is, Most traffic offenses are 'erased' after 7 years. This however does NOT apply to any drug or alcohol related offenses!! I just got done doing research on this less than 5 minutes ago! I also thought it was erased after 7 years but then reading the U.S Law it said exactly " NOTE: Drug and alcohol related offenses are NEVER purged from your driving record!" Therefor ~ you'd be screwed! :eek:

B

bini

I do not know about the laws in Philly. In Kansas they passed a new law in July 2001. It states that no matter how long ago you got a DUI, it will remain on your record. Also if you ever get another DUI the once you already have had (even a diversion) will be counted in determining what offense your current DUI is.

For Example: A friend of mine got a DUI 22 years ago. now with the new law if he was to ever get another one he would be convicted of his 2nd.

I hope for your sake that this law is not the same in Philly, cause if it is you will be convicted of your 4th dui if you ever got another. I believe this is a felony and carries some very heavy penalties.

If you want to know the answer to your question you might want to just ask the prosecuting attorney (district attorney) in your town or region. I am sure they can help you.

Good luck to you.
Bini

HomeGuru

ls650 said:
i got 3 dui's in philly in 1990 [young stupid] i mainly got pulled over for driving junkers.how long do they stay on your record? no trouble since, if i got one in the future would i be screwed? i heard 7 years.
If you got 3 tickets then it was not mainly for driving junkers, it was mainly because you were driving under the influence. The old beat up clunkers were not drunk, you were.
Note that the tickets you got were not just moving violation tickets, they were criminal offenses and remain on your record.
Stay of the road please.

F

FKNA

They will always be on your record. However, for most states they only hold it against you for 10 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">