• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FEDERAL Workers Comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smoraq

I am a recently retired federal employee who was injured in a job related auto accident. I have retained an attorney for the personal injury, but he knows nothing about the Federal workers comp portion. The accident was 3 years ago and I filed the necessary papers to Worketrs Comp, who accepted the claim. I received Continuation Of Pay for 3 weeks but never filed any additional claim and the WC case is closed. Shortly after the accident I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and the Doctor stated " that the accident caused RA with "reasonable medical certainty". Also, I have contiunuous medical treatment but it's being paid from my Health Insurance. As I am in "medically induced remission" with 2 previous "flares", could I apply for "lump sum payment" even though I currently have no symptoms. The MD states that this is a life long illness. Thanks for your time. Bob

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">