• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

anyone have any ideas about this??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fraggmaster

hello people...im from West Virginia and was just informed by a friend that i "supposedly" have some warrants out on me for a police chase i have no idea about....the situation is someone had been chased by the local police on a motorcycle with my liscence tag on their bike...the police got the tag number but did not catch the "suspect"....i do own a motorcycle but my tag expired the first of the month and i didnt recieve a renewal in the mail so i "trashed" the tag at the local landfill when i took garbage off...this supposed incident happened several days after the fact...i can prove this by landfill ticket and also that my own bike is in dissarry because of a crash i had the month before which is another reason i was in no hurry of getting new tags...anywho...im not sure if the rumor is true or not but afraid to go to police station for not knowing my rights first...i guess my question is this...can i be arrested over this when it wasnt me in the first place but my expired tagon someone elses motorcycle and since the person who did this wasnt caught?....any ideas on the matter will be greatly appreciated....

thanks,
fraggmaster

D

don62

I would go to the police or call and try to straighten it out. If there is a problem, better to take care of it now rather than getting pulled over and taken in if there is a warrant. Giving them the story while it is a recent event is much better than 10 years from now and trying to straighten it out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">