• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paying for deformed finger?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

becker_1982

i am an 18 year old female from massachusettes. on june 9th i was injured at my job at an area zoo. I was left alone on my first day in a new food shop and as i brushed off the outside of a ice chipper i turned my hand to walk away and it turned on and kinda pulled my hand up as i pulled my hand away. I lost a cm and 1/2 by a cm and 1/2 off of the inside corner of my right index finger, and i am right handed. Although i can use it, i am nowhere near my original range of function. I had to learn how to hold a pencil a different way and write like that, which is a problem when i am begining college in the fall. last week my benefits stopped- i have returned to work at another job(because i am attending a summer program that made my hours at the zoo impossible to keep) but i was under the impression that i would continue to recieve money for scaring/deformity/loss of use, because it is on my hand. and that my case had been transfered to permenancy for that reason. Am i wrong? are they just doing this because they think i dont know? should i get a lawyer or is there any way to get any money owed to me without going that route?Normally it'd be the person to say forget it - but i do have to pay for alot for collge next month and any extra helps- plus my finger is pretty gross looking.i was out of work for 23 days total.

B

buddy2bear

You should call a workers' comp lawyer and ask him your questions, because once he takes a look at your hand, he will be able to tell you what to do and how much you will be able to get. Do not wait too long, because the clock is ticking. Your attorney is paid from any award you might receive so, basically, you don't have any out-of-pocket expenses.

Workers' comp will not offer you anything unless they are forced to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">