• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statutory rape ages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nikkinik

What is the law regarding statutory rape--ages for the states of Michigan and Texas? I heard that 17 yrs old is considered legal but someone else said it was 18 yrs old. How do I find out what the ages are for those two states? I've tried to search via laws & internet but can't get anywhere with it. I would greatly appreciate any info as both of us do not want to start any problems and we'll just have to wait. Thank you.

T

Third Party

Michigan and Texas Ages of Consent

The age of consents for Michigan are:
Heterosexual - 16
Homosexual F/F or M/M - illegal

The age of consents for Texas are:
Heterosexual - 17
Homosexual F/F or M/M - illegal

A$$ Saver aka…
Disclaimer:
I hope this is tidbit of fiction is helpful. I am not an attorney. Do not perceive this as legal advice. You should consult an attorney to answer your questions. Do not rely on this advice. Forget you ever read it. You are not a client. I am not an attorney. This is merely babble in the wind. Never use the advice as reasoning in court.

N

nikkinik

stat rape

Thanks for the info but what's up with "illegal for homosexuals"? Illegal for homosexual teens or just homosexuality in general is illegal, even as adults? That's a bunch of crap! but thanks for the info anyway.

T

Third Party

I don't write the law...yet

I think it covers all homosexual sex. I don't make the law, just telling you of it. And yeah, I think it is a bad law also. Other states do this as well. I used to think that "gay rights" was just something that gays were complaining about to be complaining, but after seeing that, I understood.

Oh well. Glad I could help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">