• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revocation of Probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cmingalone

My home state is Texas, I was on probation for one year for the offense theft by check less than $500.
At the end of the probation time I still had not finshed my community service hours, so my probation was revocked, and a warrant was issued.
My attorney contacted the D.A. and set up a "deal" for me to pay $1000.oo and turn my self in and the D.A. would close my case, I was unable to attend the designated "meeting time" and contacted my attorney 1 week prior to the day.
Since then then attorney has indicated the deal is off according to the D.A., and is requiring me to pay him more $$ to start all over and set up a new deal.
Meanwhile, I have this warrant out, and my question is, can I be picked up in any state on this warrant or is it only in Texas? Is it fair or right for my attorney to require more $$ to make phone calls?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">