• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

robbed while working

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

firefly0625

i was robbed while working for a pizza shop (dilivering pizza) the robbed took not only the store money but my personal money as well, the store did not reimburse my personal money, didn't reimburse my tip made that even and they won't even give me the mileage money due to each driver for the deliveries. I live in the state of pennsylvania and i would like to know my rights regarding the replacement of my personal money. what can i do to recover my losses?

B

buddy2bear

That is really pretty crappy of a company to do that to you! Check and see if your State has a "victim fund." Hopefully, when the police took a report from you, they gave you one of those neat little booklets that tells you of your rights as a victim. If your state has a "victim fund," put in a claim and see where that takes you. You could also ask your employer what kind of insurance they have for something like this. Usually though, their deductable is probably so high (cheaper for them) that you would not qualify for any loss.

JETX

Other suggestions (and they depend on how aggressive YOU decide to be):

1) Write a letter to the local manager with a copy to the national manager (assuming this is a chain). Send both of these certified RRR. Detail what happened and that you followed 'company policy' (if you did or if there is one). Detail your 'damages' that you suffered and that you expect to be compensated for them (since you were on company business at the time, etc.). Give them a specific time to respond (14 days from receipt??).

If they do not respond (and here is where it gets aggressive), you might want to make sure that the local media (papers, tv, etc.) know about the dangers that your 'pizza boss' puts his employees with no protection, etc. I am sure that the local angle story would get some pretty good 'press' and probably get you some compensation for your loss. WARNING: Be aware that this action could also backfire and cause potential problems in your future hiring, especially if you plan on staying in the 'pizza biz'.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">