• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jns5519

I purchased a 1996 dodge stratus from il.,dealer with a written statement for brake and wheel alignment on 7-11-01.Post dated check for 7-16-01,for full amount of car.Appointment was made and car was droped off at 7am7-13-01 to be reparied.Were told call will be made notifying repair complete and to pick up car by end of day,no one called repair was not completed.7-14-01,1pm I called and spoke to service manager who promised car will be ready by end of day.Car was not ready no call from service.7-16-01,9am I called inquiring about car was told car was ready for pick up.Car was picked up by my wife 7-16-01.7-17-01 I drove the car to work and found repair was not made on car as were told by service mgr.7-17-01,7am notify service mgr. about problem,he said he'll call back in a few mins.,no call was recieved.7-17-01, 10am I went to bank stop payment on check,returned car to dealer 11am,7-17-01.5pm dealer left car in my driveway locked keys in car blocking garage door with my blazer locked inside.7:45pm dealer sends locksmith to unlock car,found document stating repair was complete7-17-01,8:30pm car was returned to dealer.Dealer has his car and I have purchased a different car at another dealership.Am I responsible in any way for stopping payment on check and returning car to dealership after attempting to contact them several times and couldn't get any result until after car was returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">