• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

money taken from employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aimeechey

the question i have is complex. what if you are being charged with taking money from your previous employer(bank who is fdic) and the bank is located out of the state in which you reside in. i currently reside in north carolina and they reside in michigan. what is the procedures that will happen?

racer72

If the state of Michigan decides it is worth the expense, you will be extradited back to Michigan to stand trial. This process would involve you being arrested in your current home state then you will have an extrdition trial. If you waive extradition, you will sent to Michigan immediatly. If you challenge the extradition, a hearing will be held then most likely you will be going to Michigan anyway. What does the bank being FDIC insured have to do with your question?

A

aimeechey

the reason i asked about fdic is because i didnt know if other laws applied. i have done a lot of research into this matter and i did not realize they would return back to michigan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">