• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander and Defamatory Remarks About Me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joutlaw5

i live and work in the state of virginia. though it seems like a high school problem, i am concerned about some rumors that were started in my place of business. i am a supervisor and the rumor is that i am having relations with my boss. this is causing problems for me at home and work, for i am currently in a relationship. the remarks are completely false and i have statements from 2 of my subordinates that say that the rumors were started by another subordinate, but neither of them heard directly from this person, therefore making it hearsay. do i have a case, or will i only have a case if i receive information from someone second hand?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">