• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fortfeiture of vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dusty_chapman1

Maybe I didnt make my question clear enough. I am a Minnesota resident, who got my 2nd DUI in 10 years. At the time of my arrest, my pickup and all my personal belongings in the truck were taken by the state. I was told that if I file a claim in Small Claims Court, I would have a chance to retain my pickup. My question is, Is it possible to retain a vehicle that has been taken under the forteiture law, and if so, what are my chances? Also, what would be the best grounds I have to stand on, seeing that the vehicle is only worth about $500-$700, and I have a lien on it for over $2700.00.
I go to Smal Claims Court at 2:00pm July 19th,2001, so would appreciate an answer of some kind by then.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">