• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex's Girlfriend Cut Child's Hair; Is This Battery?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

curlyq's mom

In Illinois, for a PC-challenged friend, not sure where to post this: Kathleen has joint custody of her 4 yr-old son, who lives with her. Her ex-husband's girlfriend gave her son a haircut without Kathleen's knowledge or permission. She thinks the ex knew about it. Kathleen is absolutely furious and so far I've restrained her from bodily harm to others. She says her agreement states both parents are supposed to agree on that kind of stuff, plus she is the primary caregiver. I know there's some serious questions out there, but humor me (and Kathleen): Could she charge the girlfriend with battery? You might have to be a mom to appreciate this question.

A

ans

You have got to be kidding!...LOL a haircut that grows back...so the child needed one...big deal...battery??? If this is the way she is going to go and the child is only 4yrs od...gracious..what a long rad this is going to be...LONG road...poor child...be happy...a free haircut!!!

H

hgrego115

I agree. No Crime. Not even close. Nothing. Notta. PLEASE try to get along for the child's sake. Your friend is looking for something. It seems like she has that "No woman is going to touch MY child" mentality.

G

Ginger

Kathleen,

I have custody of our son also, one day my son came home with a haircut his father brought him to get. Well, to say the least it was terrible and I hated it. So I shaved his head and his father hasn't attempted to have it cut since. If it is a nice cut be thankful and let it go. But if not, shave it off. Hair is hair. JMO

C

crystal2

cutting hair

I think she is acting very childish. As it has been said, hair grows back. My husband and I have joint custody of his 3 kids and we have recently had the same problems over a haircut. We had the kids for 2 weeks and the oldest, 5 yrs., came over with her bangs halfway into her eyes. I am not going to send her to kindergarten when she cant even see thru her bangs, so I trimmed them. When she went home 2 wks later her mom asked her who cut her bangs and had a fit when she found out it was me. I told her if she doesnt like it, she should have done it herself. She knew they wouldnt be home for 2 wks.

A

atj15

Haircut?

Miss, can you please make sure your "PC CHALLENGED" friend gets this message.

Does your friend realize the damage she's causing in her childs life by behaving this way? Does she not realize how her child can benefit from an extended family, all the love and attention this child NEEDS right now is probably at her doorstep.

Tell her to please be very careful how she chooses to deal w/the x, this can litterally KILL her child. Or worse drive them to commit a crime of ANGER. She'll read this and think "NO, NOT MY CHILD". Well, you tell her to keep this up and her child will suffer the consequences.

Children aren't asked to be born. Life is hard enough in this day and age. To add fuel to the fire is like planning your childs emotional funeral.

Try and make the best of it. I'm sure that this poor child is suffering and nobody can hear anything cause there so caught up in their own selfish world.......

HEARTBROKEN ::(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">