• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NY moving violation - EZpass lane

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ayck

Ticket received in New York for being in EZpass lanes.

We lived in New Jersey. We were issued a ticket for being in the EZpass lanes wrongly.

There was a long orange cone line placed from the toll plaza about 800 feet out into the highway. We had never traveled on that road. We had to make an instant decision to swerve left or right of the cone line when it suddenly appeared in front of us. We happened to swerved left. Then we looked across the toll plaza and found all four lanes accessible to us were for EZpass only (there was no opening for us to move over to the other side of the road).

Any way we were issued a ticket even though it was a forced mistake. We pled not guilty by mail. And of course they still found us guilty. Now I would like to appeal. Where can I get definition of statute 39 for moving violation? Do I have a shot?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">