• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hidden Traffic Sign.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lewkeim

In Lakeview Texas I was ticketed for 50 in a 35. The only sign was a mile back and well hidden by an over grown tree. If you try you have about 1 second to see the sign. What are the laws about hidden signs? And since there were several crossroads after the only sign the people coming from them would never run into a sign on that road in one direction...The road would appear to be an easy 45MPH. The roads on both ends are 45..
Help...Court date in 1 week..

One more thing the ticket shows the location incorrectly. A mile down from where the offence took place.

Thxx

[Edited by lewkeim on 07-20-2001 at 12:43 AM]

R

ritalew

hidden sigh

if it were me in my defense i would go get a disposable camera, take pic's of the sign (have someone ride w/ you) take a pic of the sign from the car, get out of the car and take a pic. they should trip the tree if it is in line of sight and blocks vision, take it to court with you or make an appointment if possible to see if you can take care of it b4 it finally gets to court...i'm not an attorney or anyting but about ten years ago i was stopped for not stopping behind a stop sign. there was a huge tree blocking the view, i took several pics, was put on a verbal probation period of six months and about a week later the tree was trimmed back so it wouldn't block vision. i do have to say though that that was in oklahoma...i live in texas and this is a definitly different state. the pics might not convice the judge bit it would at least show that you are not telling a lie...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">