• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

warranty/lemon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

astrovan

illinois, chicago. I bought a Mark III/Astro conversion van. I had it 7 months and had 8 repairs done to it under warranty. The last repair, the warranty holder(Mark III) filed bankruptcy before they could pay the repair shop. The repir shop won't release the van. If I file Chapter 13, will they release the van? What else can I do?

racer72

I have answered 2 of your posts already and the answer has not changed. Filing bankruptcy will NOT get you the van back. The shop does not have to release the van till the bill is paid in full. If you want the van back, you will have to pay the bill yourself and seek reimbursement from the holder of the warranty. And because the warranty holder has sought bankruptcy protection, you will just become one of thousand waiting to be reimbursed. You probably will never get your money back and will have learned an expensive lesson.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">