• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ticket to sus. lic./ strip search.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ritalew

strip search for liscence susp. ????

north east texas...... i had gotten a ticket (i was talking and cracking up w/ my daughter) ended up going 79 in a 70, had surgery didn't drive/work, forgot about ticket till later when they sent me the letter saying my license were suspended, while waiting for a payday to pay ticket/warrant/reinstantment fees i was stopped and arrested, taken to jail, strip searched and it seemed like they didn't want to let my husband get me out, took him and the bailbondsman about1 1/2 hr. wait...and no there weree no drug charges or anything i've never been arrested or anything b4 in my life have 2 teenage kids in school and sports that take up all my time...i just recently was told that i shouldn't have been strip searched unless it was a drug charge....all fines were paid by me/husband and taken care of b4 court date was set. by the way my attorney said awwww to bad about the strip search and believe me not like my husband thought it was a strip search but not a cavity search...that when i turned around and looked up...low and behold i was in front of a camera!!!!!!!!!! what are my rights or do i have any????

R

ritalew

being strip searched for traffic ticket

TO I AM ALWAYS LIABLE....I can't believe you haven't responded to my post yet even if to critic me.... you seem to be one that looks at most of these and gives your very honest and sometimes brutal opinion...(which i like) i would very like to know as a mom,person,human,citizen of the united states what rights we have as for being strip searched!!! from anyone really!!!! well let me rephrase that...from anyone who know's what should be legally correct... thanks!!

L

lowbatteries

well, just so you have a reply ...

speaking as a college student who did well in Hon. Government in high school and an intro Government class in college (yeah, dazzling credentials), I would say your constitutional rights were violated.

They had no reason to believe you had any sort of contraband or weapon, you did not resist arrest. Typical case of an illegal search. And the video camera? I don't even know what the legal implications of that are ...

Anyway, lets get our constitutional rights back and stop letting the government push us around. Things like this make we want to vote Libertarian.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">