• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Clocked by police speedometer??? -speeding-

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dracos2001

Texas

I would like to know (&obtain) the exact laws & requirments for houston police officers to obtain my speed using their speedometer. or if they can even obtain your speed using their speedometer.

racer72

Pacing is probably the most common method of determining the speed of speeders. Most law enforcement agencies have the speedometers of patrol cars calibrated to a higher standard than used in your standard production cars. The gears are made of steel instead of plastic and a heavier cable is used. Being that Houston traffic laws are not available on the web, you will have to consult with a local attorney for verification of your local laws. The police have been doing it that way for many years (it was all they had before radar) so I would find it highly unlikely that that your argument would hold up in court.

D

dracos2001

what i want to know is how long do they have to pace you... cause he had less than .2 of a mile to pace me... and that was comming from a complete stop(the officer)...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">