• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

proof of insurance citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gunth

Recently my wife was rear ended in a car accident (in long beach california) and at the time she could not find her current insurance card (the latest card had fallen behind the glove compartment). She did show the officer an old insurance car but the officer gave her a ticket anyway for not showing proof of insurance, although we do have current insurance. Since then we recieved a letter from the court indicating that we had to pay over $350 in bail. My question is since we do have insurance and we can show proof of this to the courts are we still liable to pay this outrageous fine? Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Just go to court on the appointed date and time. After she pleads "Not Guilty", show the judge your proof of insurance card with the explanation you gave here. The judge will more than likely dismiss the ticket.

So, all she will have lost is time, and travel expense to the court. That should be enough to make sure she keeps her proof of insurance and Registration in her wallet, right behind her Driver's License, and not in the glove compartment.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">