• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AMBULANCE LICENSE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maveryk77

I am a EMT and I took the test for my ambulance licence. I recieved my licence and have been working for about 5 months. I got a certified letter from DMV that my licence has been revoked due to a incident that happened on January 8th 1996. I had just turned 18 and a buddy of mine convinced me to steal a cd from a store. I never left the store and my friend did. He got caught and I turned myself in becaus eI felt guilty for leaving him there. I didn't tell my parents out of fear and went to court by myself. If I would have known what I know now I wouldn't have pleaded guilty to petty theft. Well now I have this job I love and I can't work due to the revoked licence. The letter states under vehicle code 13372(B) I can't obtain a ambulance licence due to "an act involving moral turpitude with a nexus to the duties and responsibilities of an ambulance driver." I need to get back to work. How long does a misdemenor stay on your record? I have never been in trouble before and have a clean background besides this incident. What can I do? Can you help me?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

As an attorney, I have always wanted my own ambulance license - - but for other reasons !

Anyway, more to the point, you didn't need to bring your parents to court because at that time, you were an adult under Federal law.

Now, unfortunately, the misdemeanor is a part of your permanent adult criminal record. The only way for you to get rid of this black mark on your record is to see an attorney to discuss the possibility of having your record "expunged".

Usually, your initial consultation with a criminal attorney is free - - but, if you decide to hire the attorney (and no guarantees by the way), make sure you bring a suitcase full of money.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">